Actovegin ( Solcoseryl) cream
Actovegin and Solcoseryl are
the same product with the same active substance-
Solcoseryl ( Actovegin ) cream is used for treating
· Ulcers of different origin,
· Trophic injuries,
· Prevention and treatment of pressure ulcers
· Burns, including chemical,
· Prevention and treatment of radiation skin lesions, mucous membranes and nervous tissue,
· Extensive wound surface (regardless of origin)
1 g of Solcoseryl (Actovegin) gell compostion:
· 8,30 mg of
· 1.73 mg Methyl-p-hydroxybenzoate ( e218)
0.27 mgPropyl-p-hydroxybenzoate ( e216)
Instructions of use:
Adults and children: apply a thin layer of Solcoseryl gel 2 times a day. Before application, blot wound discharge with clean gauze or disinfectant solution. Solcoseryl gel is non-greasy and can be washed off with water. Duration of treatment: until new skin tissue begins to form.
MEDA Pharma GmbH & Co. KG, Germany
Solcoseryl (Actovegin) gel contains parahydroxybenzoates (E 216 and E 218) as preservatives, which may cause allergic reactions (possibly delayed).
Solcoseryl gel also contains propylene glycol, which may cause skin irritation. This medicine contains 400 mg propylene glycol in 20 g of gel.
Solcoseryl ointment contains cetyl alcohol, which may cause local skin reactions (e.g. contact dermatitis).